Monday, August 27, 2007

Time for the Eviction!

Ok, so this kid has 4 days to get here... Or else! Its been my mission for a while to have her before Sept 1st, because that's the school cut-off here and I know that she's going to be tall. But, alas, nature takes its course and doesn't really ask me for my timetable. =)

Actually, Kevin and I are officially ready. We packed the "bag" last night and I've caught up on journaling all of the pregnancy moments up until this point. I had been a couple months behind on that and wanted to get caught up before all the memories started fading and I had a whole bunch of new things to write down. I'm hoping the journal will help me look back and say... Oh, I had gained x amount by this point last time.

Oh speaking of weight, I had high hopes (very lofty indeed) of only gaining 25lbs. I've run into so many women who say "I only gained 20lbs with my pregnancies". Well I scowl in your general direction. I've managed to pack on 40 - much to my dismay. I'm very much looking forward to the insta-weight loss that I'll get when I have this baby, but I know that with 40lbs I'm definitely going to have to work to get back to pre-pregnancy weight. Grrrr.

Kevin's work threw us a shower last week and it was really really nice. They had a potluck lunch for us on Friday and several gifts from the group as well as some nice individual gifts. I got one of these recommended by Miriam and a couple of these and one of these with lots of refills - so nice!

We had a sonogram last week because the doctor still thought I was measuring small. The baby is apparently smaller than average, but within normal limits. The sonogram tech estimated her at 5lbs 4oz last Tuesday. She was super positive about it though and just thought that she'd be skinny - so we're not worrying. As long as she's healthy, I say small is great news. The doc also is estimating that I'll go into labor sometime after this Saturday (that's into September, folks). =( Ah well, I've already decided that if I hit Sept 1st and haven't delivered yet, I'll just wait as long as I can to see if I go naturally. I'm not big on being induced (got really sick last time from the meds) and I might as well make the most of these last few days as a DINK (Double-Income No Kids).

Here's a 38 week pic so you can see me in all of my pregnant glory...

4 comments:

Beth said...

You look so pretty. We have that exact gate on our stairs and it's wonderful. You can't push it over b/c it's attached to the wall! Plus Elijah has mastered door knobs, locks, but not the gate yet! :)

Miriam said...

Love this pict - you really do look lovely!

Angela said...

Look at that beautiful pregnant woman! :) It's hard to believe that you're little one will be here so soon!

Hopefully I'll get to see you soon? I'm planning 2 (yes, that's 2!) trips to Baltimore...one Sept 25-26th and the other the weekend of Oct 13th? I don't want to impose so soon after the baby so let me know if either of those may be ok...

Angela

Anonymous said...

Now that's a respectable baby bump. You look fabulous!