Monday, August 13, 2007

The Nursery

Whew... I finally finished the nursery...well, I may put up some additional pictures on the walls down the road, but for now, I'm happy with the way it looks. Its small and my camera angle isn't very wide... so here are the best pictures I could get....


Looking in from the hallway at my $35 craigslist bookcase! I love a bargain!


The awesome glider my in-laws got us - very comfy!


Behind the door, I just hung this coat rack by myself... I'm so proud! The outfit on the right is the first brand new outfit I ever owned (when I was a baby) and the sweater and cap were crocheted by my uncles mother-in-law... so cute!


The closet. End of story. =)


Changing table ala Craigslist. The quilt squares on the wall belonged to my Grandma Shirley - who I know would have LOVED to have known that they would grace the walls of her great-grandaughter's nursery. I miss her!


Craigslist crib - matches the side table and the changing table, but not the rest of the furniture in the room (ah well, do you think the baby will mind?). Yes, I'm using a crib bumper for now. No, the pillow is NOT staying in the crib. I could always change my mind down the road about the bumper since "they" say they aren't a good idea for SIDS and stuff. But I bought a nice baby monitor that's supposed to alarm me if she stops breathing - so hopefully that will give me some peace of mind. Oh, yes that IS a wolf on the wall above the crib. I always thought it was a nice picture, but Kevin pointed out it COULD be a bit traumatic to wake up to. Hmmmm....


And finally, our "his and hers" diaper bags. Kevin's is the camo backpack (of course) and mine is the Vera Bradley knockoff from Boscovs. I'm beginning to think it might not be big enough, though. I like to take EVERYTHING with me. =)

3 comments:

Miriam said...

Very sweet little room! I'm sure Baby Sandbek will be most comfortable...don't know about the wolf...could be a little scary! : ) Thanks for sharing all the pictures and congrats on your little girl turning! That will hopefully make life easier for you both!!! : ) Lots of love!

Ms. Burly said...

Love love the pics of the room, it has all come together SO nicely!! I love the periwinkle/blue walls, it is such a great color.
And the furniture looks fabulous! Good finds!!

Matt McHugh said...

The "his and hers" baby bags are awesome! I'm totally going to do that whenever we decide to have kids.