Monday, August 27, 2007

Down to the Wire....

Kevin and I were commenting last night how weird it was being down to the wire like this on the pregnancy. I feel like a ticking time bomb and we both thought it was a bit nerve-wracking. Each day we get up and wonder... Will this be the day? In many ways we're like - "lets just get on with it!". But in other ways we think... "lets not wish these last few days together away so quickly". So much anticipation for this event that could happen while I'm at work, in the middle of the night, etc etc.

Feel free to share your stories of where you were when you realized you were in labor.

3 comments:

Beth said...

I decided to stop working on a Wed and then have the Thurs-Sun to nest and get everything ready before I had to be induced on Mon by drs orders, not mine. Then what do you know at 2am Thurs morning I woke up with bad pains. They were sparatic, every 10 min, 7, 5, 8, 5, 9, etc. so I wasn't sure if it was the real thing but at 3 days late we figured it was. :) So we got up, packed my bag b/c I'm a procrastinator and headed off! The actual pusing started at about 12:30pm and he was born at 1:07. Not really a bad experience, the drugs helped a lot! :)

Miriam said...

Never felt labor pains - went to 37 weeks with the girls - then had a schedule C-section! I am curious to see what your story will be - hope it is a good one! : )

Anonymous said...

It was 31 years ago, but somehow you never forget the details... I was 15 days past the due date when labor finally started. We had tried pretty much everything to get things started, but Bryan had his own time table. When it came down to it, I had a great pizza dinner, a good night's sleep and then labor started at about 7:30 am. The first few hours were so mild that I figured it would be a breeze. I had a different opinion at 8:47 pm when Bryan put in his appearance. :) Although keep in mind that this was pre-epidural days and we were supposed to breath our way through the process without drugs. My best advice is to take any and all drugs that are offered. And have fun loving that little girl!