Friday, May 23, 2008

Back from the Dead... well, almost

So I've been quiet this week, I know, but I've been fighting for my life against the evil snot, fever and productive chest cough villian known as Sinus Infection. I'm still skeptical and think it could have just been a cold as Natalie brought it home with her last week and promptly shared it with both Kevin and me, but who knows? I've been dutifully taking my Amoxicillin and hoping for the best. It's been more than a week now and I'm starting to get impatient. Grrr...

Natalie actually is also on an antibiotic for a double ear infection. Funny though, if she was feeling much worse than me, you never would have known. It amazes me how resilient kids are. She was content to bounce, gurgle and roll around on the floor while I was only happy moaning my last dying wish for ice cream and hot soup from under the covers. Alas, though, my mother does not live with me and as helpful as Kevin was, he wasn't going to drive to the store for my every last whim (he did make me a grilled cheese panini with chicken noodle soup though). Luckily we're all feeling better than earlier this week - or else we'd definitely be calling in some reinforcements for baby duty this weekend.

As for this weekend, my plan is to sleep more than 7 hours a night, shop for some summer sandals, go to a Memorial Day feast with my husbands family, and just relax. Maybe I'll even finish a book. Ooooh...the possibilities are endless.

No comments: