Sunday, March 9, 2008

The Attack of the Killer Green Bean!

Here's a before and after picture of Natalie's close encounter with green beans on Sunday. Ahhh.. what if we always made this much of a mess when we ate?

It's been a fairly low key weekend. Natalie got some 6 mos pictures taken on Saturday and I'm excited to see how they turned out. My friend Meggan took the pictures - she owns Sweet Captures and took the pictures of Natalie when she was 9 days old. I know they'll be terrific as she has a very creative eye.
Other than that we've just been hanging around. I talked to my friend Miriam last week and she encouraged me to find a sitter for the occasional night out with Kevin. I asked her what the going rate was these days and she said $8/hr where she lives. Good grief! I remember when I was 16 and thought $7 was ROLLING in it (my average was around $4-$5 per hour I think). Ahhh.. times have changed and I guess it WAS a while ago that I was 16. Ha! Its funny how internally you really dont feel any different, but you look in the mirror one day and go - "really? I dont look 21 anymore? What are you talking about you're not going to card me?" I had this really random dream last night that I was driving in a car (with my mother) and I kept getting honked at by all sorts of guys. The funny part was that ALL of them were in the over 45 age bracket. What this bizarre dream means I have NO idea, but I do remember feeling a sort of disillusionment at not looking 21 anymore. *sigh* Ah well, age is really just a "feeling" anyway. And, like I said... I still FEEL 21. I'm going to take the realage.com test and see how old it says I "really" am. Details to follow....

2 comments:

Derrick said...

If it's any help, a lot of us still feel like we're 21, and we're not talking dog years here :-)

Miriam said...

I've tagged you - because I know you have lots of interesting random info about yourself I love to hear! Check out my blog for details!