Thursday, October 1, 2009

Discouraged

I'm pretty discouraged about the whole potty-training thing. It hasn't gone well. I mean, it's been a battle. One that I'm too tired to wage tonight. That's why she's in a pull-up right now.

I've cleaned up poop off the floor and big puddles of pee pee and I'm left wondering if maybe she's just not ready. I've tried bribing (with money and big girl undies). I've also tried reverse psychology. I think that I am more ready than she is. So unless I get a burst of energy tomorrow I might be throwing in the towel and waiting another 4 months or so.

Meanwhile, I'd like to suggest the past two days of following Natalie around as a possible episode of Dirty Jobs. Mike Rowe, look out!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

We haven't had much success either. Logan turns 3 Monday and still has no desire to go in the potty. I'm starting to worry I'll be changing diapers when he's in the 3rd grade!

Tales of Our Journey said...

I can only imagine how hard that is. Good luck. Fingers crossed for you!