Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I Love Craigslist!


For the past several months I've been searching for a double jogging stroller that would fit our needs. I needed something taller than the single we have now and something that would be agile enough to jog with or take to the store. I'd researched and researched without a lot of luck. A friend of mine had recently turned me on to the Bumbleride stroller, but upon further investigation, I'd found that it cost a whopping $650 brand new.

Ummm.... not an option.

The twin (or double) also came out just last year so the chances of finding a used one on craigslist were slim to none. Still, this morning I thought I'd give it a try. I had $220 in gift money for Liam stashed away for just such a purchase.

God must have heard my stroller-woes.

Really, that's the only way I can fathom this would happen.

Because I found the stroller I was looking for (this years model even) listed under the wrong name in the title. (There was only one in the Baltimore/DC area.) After calling the owner I found out she had an extra.

?!?!?!?!?

I met her a couple hours later about 25 minutes from here and discovered that the stroller was in brand-new (PLASTIC STILL ON) condition AND she only wanted $300 for it. Dude... for $80 out of my pocket, I just walked away with a brand new $650 stroller. God is good...and I love Craigslist!

No comments: