Thursday, September 24, 2009

I Feel Like Chicken Tonight

Does anyone remember the old Chicken Tonight commercials? Dude... where has that been in my brain all these years? All this useless information that I hold onto!?!? Why couldn't I remember how to do calculus or trig or speak Japanese? But a lousy Chicken Tonight commercial? Save that one for posterity!

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, read this and watch the youtube commercial.

But I digress.

I'm trying a new chicken dish tonight called Spatchcocked Chicken. I feel like I'm cussing someone out when I say it, so it HAS to be good, right? We'll see. I'll keep you posted...

Update: The chicken was VERY good. I should have let it marinate for all day (as the recipe suggested). I might try a bottle marinade next time too. This was an excellent way to make a whole chicken!

1 comment:

Kevin said...

That was some good chicken. My favorite char-broiled chicken is from Chicken Rico on Eastern Ave. in baltimore. They serve theirs with a side of jalepeno salsa (pureed jalepenos) and its delicious.

Last night's chicken she made was almost just like it and with the salsa I couldn't tell the difference. Nice job hoN!