Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Sunday Best


On Sunday we actually had time to put a dress on Natalie AND do something with her hair. This is coming from the family who is usually late to church AND who's children arrive already with stains on their shirts.

Hey... it's hard to keep a 1 and 3 year old clean for ANY amount of time.

So, after straightening Natalie's hair and befitting it with a headband, I decided to take a picture so I could look back years from now (forgetting all of the mayhem) and think "wow... we really had it together back then!"

The dress (hard to see in my overexposed pic) is a cute one we picked up at a yardsale a few weeks ago for 50 cents! Yellow with white polka dots. I'm going to have to stop telling Natalie where I find her clothes, though. She's already begun to tell people where they're from. While it's not a terrible thing in and of itself, school-age girls can be merciless. My mom made all of my clothes (and what a wonderful job she did!) but my pride in where my clothes came from turned out to be great ammunition for making fun of me. All those girls in their Hypercolor t-shirts, Guess jeans and Reebok high-tops. They were so lame. I SO wish I had a chance to go back and live my life over again with the confidence God's given me now. I'd care less about trying to be liked by that lame crowd and be content to just be myself. Ahh... the things I wish I could protect my daughter from...

No comments: