Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Homemade Tortillas

I was catching up on all the blogs I follow the other day and stumbled across this recipe.  When I was in high school I was a hostess at a mexican restaurant in Springfield, MO.

"How much authentic mexican food is there in Springfield, MO", you ask.

Not much.

But we DID have a really cool tortilla maker in the lobby of the restaurant and would make tortillas for the restaurant and for the waiting patrons, topping them with salsa, whipped cream, honey or butter and cinnamon and sugar.

So this reminded me of that.

Turns out making tortillas is SUPER easy.  So Sunday morning we whipped up about 12 of these and went to town making homemade breakfast burritos (fried egg, onion, tomato, cilantro, cheese....mmmmm)

Let me just say we may never buy store bought tortillas again.

There is no contest.

No comments: