So, any of you who know me well, know I love a good bargain. I seriously crave yard sale season every summer and make a list of things that I'm looking for. This year, the list includes things like a wooden play kitchen, play food, another infant carseat (the same model we already have), a Sit N Stand Stroller, books for Natalie, a few baby boy clothes, a white dresser (for Natalie's new room), a crib (for Natalie's new room)... and the list goes on.
So far, between Craigslist and yardsales, I've found several things (and then some). Today, I scored big and found:
- several books (Dr. Seuss & Berenstain Bears for 50 cents a piece)
- another infant carseat in *mint* condition WITH a base ($25)
- a huge basket to store toys or blankets for under Natalie's crib (50 cents)
- 6 wooden puzzles with a cute little puzzle rack to hold them (for $4)
- an infant boy's winter coat (for $1)
This past month I also found the stroller and the crib I was looking for on craigslist (and a stand-up freezer to replace our small chest freezer in the garage). So my last few *big* purchases are a white dresser for Natalie's new room and a wooden play kitchen. I not only think FINDING what I'm looking for is exciting; I'm excited by the search.
Is anyone else addicted to craigslist and yardsaling like I am? Or am I the only nut out there?