Friday, May 8, 2009

The Relatives Came....

Last week my parents came to visit. I would have updated sooner, but work has been SO hectic and this is the first chance I've really had to breathe. Lately my mantra has been "better late than never". I'm sure that's what I'll be telling this little boy when he demands to know why HIS baby pictures are all still stuffed in a shoe box and his sister has a neat baby book chronicling her first blink, sniffle, hiccup and breath. Such is life kid, such is life.

Of course Natalie was the star of the week. And it's good, because I'm not quite as entertaining as a 20 month old anyway. Being fully prego and tired does that to you.
My parents spent the majority of their time doting on Natalie and doing my bidding (er... helping me with fixing up her new room and doing my dishes). Mom and Dad, I'll just say that you're welcome to come back ANY time. You sure did earn your keep! =)

We did manage to squeeze in a few fun outings throughout the week. We hit up the Inner Harbor in Baltimore to tour a couple of historic ships docked there, the USS Torsk and the USS Constellation.

The Torsk is a Naval Sub from WWII. Here's some shots from our tour...





The USS Constellation is a war ship used in the 1850's. The people must have a been a LOT shorter back then because my dad kept banging his head on the rafters in the hold.



Then, last Saturday we all went to the Broadway Diner for breakfast. They were featured on one of my favorite shows, Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives (on the FoodNetwork). *Kevin was there, but he was taking the picture.*

Then we rounded out the week with a visit from my dad's brother (Uncle Dave) and his wife Jennifer and Natalie's 10 year-old cousin, Kate.


It was such a nice, relaxing week. We're really looking forward to seeing my parents again in a couple months when this baby decides to make his appearance.

No comments: