Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A Mother Needs Some Help!

My daughter is out-of-control! What ever happened to my sweet, precious, smiling and good-sleeping princess I do NOT know, but within the past two weeks we have a defiant, poorly sleeping, fussy little tyrant.

Last night she was up SCREAMING at 1230am and would NOT go back to sleep. I tried holding her, rocking her, patting her, singing to her, giving her the pacifier... NOTHING worked. I knew she wanted milk - but the middle of the night feeding been something I've been giving into for almost 5 days now and this is one habit I'm not going to support. So we both laid on the floor (her writing around like a freaky little fish, arching her back and sliding backwards on the floor - breakdance style). She eventually calmed down and fell asleep. But she was then back up at 530 with the same song and dance. This time I fed her - because I honestly wanted my last hour of sleep. Yes... inconsistency is bad I know.... I can't believe I'm dealing with this and she's not even 10 months old yet!

Today, the sitter has been trying to put her down for a nap for the last 2 hours and ten minutes. We let her cry it out for an hour and fifteen minutes and finally went to go get her after she quieted down a little (but obviously wasnt still asleep). She's still tired, fussy and determined not to take a nap. Now, she COULD feel bad. But I dont think so. As soon as you pick her up she's fine - and this is NOT the first time she's done this little charade. Any advice? Any books I can read? I need HELP!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everyone is going to love us at the beach this weekend... oh boy...

-Kevin

Anonymous said...

Lauren, I've been reading along on your blog and loving it. I just wanted to comment on this entry to let you know you are not alone - there are times that Ella had behavior like this when she was teething and and there was no way to soothe her. I know it's so, so frustrating and exhausting!! I just want you to know you are not alone, even though I don't have any answers...Hang in there, mama!! - Cara (Burchett) Greninger

Beth said...

I feel your pain. Although Elijah never woke up in the night like this he did do that writhing around on the floor scooting on his back until he ran into things routine. I think we decided he mostly did that when he was gassy and his tummy hurt. I hear when they arch their back that means their stomach hurts and they are trying to make it feel better. We'd give him gas drops and after about 15 minutes he'd toot or burp and feel better. As for the teething we gave him some teething tabs that disolve in their mouth and that helped him some too.