1) I get SO excited about a bargain.
2) I can’t curl my tongue.
3) I collect magnets from places I’ve been.
4) I took piano lessons for 7 years and still have a terrible time reading music.
5) I have hyperhydrosis of the feet and hands. Layman’s Definition: my feet and hands sweat a lot. It’s embarrassing to shake someone’s hand, complicated to keep paper dry when writing and difficult to walk in sandals. (Wearing socks actually helps) Oddly enough its not always present, but it flares up automatically when I start thinking about it. Luckily, I don’t have the embarrassing coupling of odor with it.
6) My hair is naturally wavy. If I don’t put gel in it or straighten it, it’s naturally frizzy.
7) If I meet someone with an accent I automatically start talking with that accent. Totally embarrassing because it’s really not intended and I imagine it sounds all too preposterous (or even mocking) to the person I’m speaking with.
8) I took Japanese in college and high school but don’t remember much anymore. I was always complimented on my good pronunciation – perhaps because I’m so good at mimicking? (see #7)
9) I rarely can watch an entire movie. This is a new thing (within the past 5 years). I get way too emotionally involved in the characters and get stressed out by their dilemmas. Kevin’s constantly annoyed that I have to get up and leave the room.
10) My feet are flat.
11) If trying to recall something in my mind the first thing that comes to mind is ALWAYS “pizza”. What is up with that???
12) I don’t look into things as much as I should. I tend to accept things at face value and rarely want to know the “why” behind how things work or a purported fact. Not a great quality.
13) I have a zillion and one cookbooks but rarely get the opportunity to make anything out of them. One of these days (maybe with Natalie) I want to make a couple recipes from each one and then get rid of the ones that have gross recipes.
14) I love to dance, but haven’t had much instruction. I can hold my own.
15) I’m incredibly stubborn. It’s gotten me far.
16) I love to ski.
17) I grew up in Missouri and I miss it. I live in Maryland and I’d miss it too if I ever moved.
18) I always try to sing the harmony parts because my voice is really an alto, but I can rarely stay on key picking it out on my own. Inevitably I just sing louder so I can hear myself when I’m singing off key. I know everyone else can hear me too.
19) I dislike the right side of my face. If you take a picture of me I'll either try to make sure its head-on or of the left side of my face. =)
20) If I shake someone's hand, that hand becomes "quarantined" and I have to wash it before eating or touching my face.
21) I'm a very transparent person. I cannot hide it if I'm upset or sad.
22) I've secretly always wanted to be in show biz or be a model. Guess web development is going to have to do.
23) I love dill pickles. I like them in grilled cheese sandwiches (which I call toasted cheese sandwiches), on pizza and even in casseroles.
24) I love making lists and crossing things off.