Friday, October 19, 2007

Tales from Week 5

Well not a LOT has changed around here, but we thought we'd post some pictures for those of you who would like to see. When I think about what I've got to write about, poopy diapers and sleep schedules hardly seem like big headlines, but I guess those of you with kids can appreciate just how momentous those things are at first.

Natalie seems to be growing like a weed and we can actually see the beginning of a few fat rolls starting to sprout. Why is that so cute on babies anyway??

It's been so nice being home, but next week I'll be returning to work full-time. Please pray for us that the transition goes smoothly. I wasn't offered a part-time position at work and its going to be hard doing full-time right now, but who knows what the Lord has up His sleeve. We're still praying.

I got my flu shot yesterday as Natalie is too young to get one this year. I asked the nurse how common it was to feel achy and generally "yuck" after a flu shot and she said it was really rare. Well, do I get a gold star? I officially have felt like crap for the past day now. Hopefully it will pass soon and I'm guess I got it out of the way before next week, but geez. Luckily for me, I'm married to a pretty wonderful guy and he came home from work to watch the kiddo so I could take a much needed nap. I slept 5.5 hours before Kev had to wake me up because he was out of bottles and soothing techniques. Its been a LONG time since I've had that much sleep all in a row and its AMAZING what it does for a person. I feel on top of the world at the moment... I can't wait for her to sleep this much at night!

Oh... speaking of looking forward to more sleep, I ran into this lady at Target yesterday who has a baby about Natalie's age. She's nursing but at night she has been supplementing with 1.5 oz of formula so he'll sleep 5-6 hour stretches. I did the same last night and only got 1.5 hrs of sleep before the next feeding. I DID switch bottle types when I gave it to her, but 1.5 hours? Come on, kid!


Left Pic: Tummy Time (she normally hates it)
Middle Pic: Smile for the camera!
Right Pic: She's balding in front and looks like a friar!

No comments: