Thursday, April 19, 2007

Mothers of Preschoolers

I went to my first MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) meeting this past Monday and it was an interesting experience. Now, before you think we may have a 3 year old that we keep locked in our basement and have yet to bring them up, let me just clarify that MOPS allows women to join that have children aged 0-5. And pregnant women are welcome too. Just wanted to clear that up so you didn't start scratching your heads. =)
I wasn't really sure what to think about the whole affair before I went. In my mind I envisioned women sitting in a circle discussing diaper rash, potty training and Elmo. I was happily surprised when I arrived and found that they had a ladies clothing swap (maternity and non-maternity clothes), a speaker on financial planning, lots of ladies NOT dressed in jumpers, and (last but not least) plenty of good food! Who would have thought?? I'm definitely headed back next month - they're doing a ladies pampering night and there will be chocolate, a coffee bar, paraffin hand dips, a relaxation station and more.

No comments: