Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Nice Respite

I've recently made a fabulous discovery - one that gives me back a sense of "me" in the midst of the laundry, poopy diapers, work, meals to make, etc. I haven't had time at all to read much since having Liam. And I really didn't have all that much time with just Natalie. However, I DO have a lot of time to LISTEN and I've started listening to audiobooks on my iPod. I am in LOVE.

If you're interested, there's a site called Audible (owned by Amazon) that offers a monthly subscription to audiobooks. I came across an offer for a free two week Platinum membership to try it out. You get to KEEP the two books you download during that time and can even transfer them to two different computers and two different devices (other iPods) or burn them to CD. It's really a fabulous freebie even if you don't decide to keep the membership.

I'm also discovering that my local library system has a TON of audiobooks in iPod format available for free - so I may not end up keeping my Audible membership...we'll see. Just thought I'd share my new find with you in case you, too, are searching for the "grownup reprieve" in the sea of mommy tasks.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

If you like Harry Potter at all, the books on CD are awesome. I love the guy that narrates the books, he does a great job and I often find myself laughing at him while listening to the books.

On a side note...I have read all the books, sometimes I just like to go back to remember what happened, especially before seeing the movie.

Lauren said...

Yes, I LOVE the Harry Potter series. I've read them all. Good stuff!

Tales of Our Journey said...

With working and being back in school I've hardly had time for reading either. But THANK YOU for letting me know about books for iPods. I was hoping they would come out with something like that but haven't looked into it!