Saturday, February 20, 2010

A Quick Update...


We've been sick around here for about a week. I took a good amount of time off work this week just to try to recouperate. I'm sure many of you know, there's no rest for the weary when you're a mom of young kids. Especially one that has just QUIT HER NAP!

I decided to devote this post to a quick update with pictures so I could start a clean slate for the week. Besides, most of my musings this week have been in the neighborhood of "Where is all this snot coming from?" and "What cold medicines can I take as a nursing mom?" and "How do you keep a sick 2 year old interested in playing with toys that she's played with for the last week and half because we've had two major snowstorms and now become housebound again with a family cold." Not that I couldn't put a spin on those, but you've got to admit that none of them are really exciting conversation fodder.
Anyway, here are some pictures of the kids in the snow. I should mention that they lasted all of 20 minutes on this particular day. Kevin was back at work and I was on my own with 3 feet of snow and the kids. I'm also not nearly as much fun as he is with the whole playing in the snow bit.

Valentines Day around here was pretty sad, with snot freely flowing and all. Kevin and I canceled our dinner plans due to illness and just decided to lay low. Instead we went out last night to a new Houlihans in Baltimore. Mmmm... one of our FAVORITE chain restaurants. Panko breaded stuffed mushrooms, thai chile wings, seared ahi tuna bites, long island iced tea... definitely a fun night out!

No comments: