Friday, March 27, 2009

Going Home!!!

God is SO good! I have been praying that by some MIRACLE I'd be able to go home early, but I wasn't getting my hopes up. Things out here in Washington have been hectic.

However, yesterday, I was at lunch with my boss and she mentioned to me that she had hoped to send me home early and that she knew I really missed my family (although everyone here does). Excited at the possibility, I didn't want to get my hopes up too much. Things here have been hectic and I wasn't sure how I'd be needed within the next week. However, yesterday afternoon I got a call and was told that I could go ahead and make reservations to go home... AND NOT HAVE TO COME BACK!!!!

I fly out tomorrow morning and I'm SOOOOOOO EXCITED!

Natalie has been doing new things by leaps and bounds since I've been gone (as I've found out by catching up on the phone). Her pronounciation has improved and a few days ago she went for a walk with Jody and pushed her baby doll in a stroller up and down the street. She's also eating new things and started nodding for "yes". *sigh* What two and a half weeks can do in the life of an 18 month old!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh Lauren! I'm so excited for you! I have been praying for you while you were gone. I will pray for safe travels tomorrow.

Unknown said...

I am THRILLED you got to go home early!

now I am going to go and put on some of that delicious lip gloss you got me.

(smells just like those old STrawberry Shortcake dolls!)