Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Ready or Not... Here We Come!

It starts out as a wonderful idea (taking a trip to visit Nana and Papa). But as the actual day arrives and the reality of the impending mayhem hits me I rethink my decision. Who thought that flying halfway across the country with two kids under 3 by oneself was a good idea? What if I'm THAT person on the plane (the one with the screaming children). What if Natalie has to get up and go to the bathroom 10 bazillion times? What if I have to breastfeed in public? What if I have to change Liam in the teeny tiny plane bathroom? What if?

*BREATHE*

I've thought through all the scenarios. It's a crap shoot every time. Usually they're good, but there have been moments and even a full plane ride of anguish. Let's hope that's not the story today.

Southwest sent me some free drink coupons. I'm guessing it's not socially acceptable to partake myself in the company of my kids so I've considered offering them to people sitting around me as a peace offering should things get ugly.

Hopefully I have enough.

If I can just make it through the next 5 hours unscathed, I should be set. Good things await me in Kansas City. Lots of doting on the kids (and subsequent relaxation for me), a waterpark (YEAH, Schlitterbahn!) and, of course, some good quality time with my parents, sister and grandparents. Stay tuned next week for pictures from our misadventure. Let's just pray that the plane doesn't decide to kick us off in Tennessee. I don't know anyone there.

No comments: