Sunday, December 20, 2009

Hunkering Down


I just love Christmas. There's something about this time that brings out the "nice" in people. Well, it also has the potential to make people really snarky, but generally people get in such a good mood. Yesterday we got the BEST snowfall that I can remember for quite a few years. We got two feet and the word is that it probably wont melt for a while so we *might* actually have a white Christmas this year!

*the Hallelujah chorus is playing in my head at this very moment*

Things have been good around here. I realized the other day I hadn't blogged in quite a while and perhaps that's just because it's been busy, but it also could be due to the fact that I haven't had anything utterly profound to say (as if my blog is profound anyway!)

Liam is getting bigger (4.5 months now) and is rolling over both ways. He poops enough for everyone in the whole house - of course that could be because he's a big eater too. I've practically bought stock in Oxyclean and have been searching for the best diapers to put him in so that we dont have to change his clothes 4 times a day. Seriously, it's not uncommon to take him (clothes and all) and put him in the tub in the middle of the day.

Maybe I've gotten lucky, but Natalie has taken well to the big sister thing and really seems to love Liam. She's very concerned that we get him out of the car when we go to the grocery store (no... I've never left him behind) and is happy to entertain him if he's crying. He seems rather taken with her too. I'm sure I'll be breaking up many an argument in a couple years here, but I hope they'll always be close.

No comments: