Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Easter... better late than never.

Well, here's my Easter post. A whopping week and a half late! =) Things have been busy for me recently, but I imagine life doesn't ever really slow down, now does it?

We didn't have any plans for Easter day until a few days prior when we were invited over to our friends Dave and Jill's for lunch and an egg hunt. They live right on the water and the view is just beautiful (although the picture didn't come out that great)....



It was such a NICE afternoon and Natalie really enjoyed hunting for eggs.


Seriously... I had to take a picture of her in the car because her hair was completely FULL of static. It reminded me of being a kid and going to the Magic House in St. Louis. Somewhere I have a button with a picture of me there and my hair standing on end as I plaster my hand to the static ball. *Whoa... I just looked at the website and it is SOOOO much bigger than when I went as a 10 year old. Hmmm... I guess that WAS like 20 years ago. CRY!*


So I was commenting to a friend of mine here that we (as a family) don't really have any Easter traditions. Sure, we go to church, but we don't do the Easter basket thing or the big dinner thing (Kevin's parents are out of town on Easter usually) and we don't seek out Easter egg hunts (although we've had our own before).

When I mentioned the part about us "not doing Easter baskets" my friend's eyes got big and incredulous. Hmmm... am I missing something? I've noticed that Easter baskets are a BIG DEAL out here on the East Coast. Well, maybe they are a big deal EVERYWHERE and I just haven't noticed it until now. Kevin's pretty anti-candy for himself and Natalie, so I'm not sure what I'd put in Easter baskets if I couldn't fill them with candy. Since he's not much into candy, the only time I can really expect it FROM him is at Christmas. Luckily, my grandma came to the rescue and sent a care package for the three of us: chocolate bunnies, cadbury and caramel eggs and a singing sheep for Natalie. Natalie LOVES the sheep and can now sing along to the tune of "Here Comes Peter Cottontail" with nothing but "Baaa's". What talent!

No comments: