Sunday, July 22, 2007

Aloha, Baby!

My girlfriends Jill, Kera and Melissa threw us a baby shower a few weeks ago. I just got the pictures in to post and I thought you'd enjoy seeing the fun we had. It was a luau theme complete with kabobs, Jill's famous guacamole, a humongous blowup flamingo and a Baskin Robbins ice cream cake (praline pecan flavored... yum-o!). If you notice in the picture, Kevin and I are wearing, yes, coconut bras. We also had grass skirts to complete the ensemble. =)
The shower was actually supposed to be a surprise, but I found out about it a few weeks ahead of time by seeing an invitation for it accidentally left out. Initially I was bummed to have found out, but it turned out to be a cool thing because I was able to find a cheap flight for my parents to come in town to celebrate in the festivities. We had a mini-family reunion of sorts as my aunts and uncles came also.
We got a lot of fabulous things for the baby and felt so blessed by all of our friends and family. I felt like I did at our wedding - it was so anticipated and over so quickly. What a good time we had though!





Jill, Me, Kera, Melissa (new mom to Joshua Caleb!!!)

1 comment:

Ms. Burly said...

Really where can I get one of those coconut bras? I think they could be the next maternity fashion statement!
What great friends, the shower looks amazing!